Sunday, April 25, 2010

Don't Forget To Remember Me

Do you ever get butterflies listening to an old song, smell, or sight because of the memories it brings? We all get nostalgia once in a while. I myself have a love/hate relationship with it. I love thinking about all the great times I had but I hate the fact that they won't ever happen again. Will I always miss the past for the rest of my life?

I miss all the little things from back home. The thunderstorms that put me gently to sleep, bike rides, running in sprinklers with my best friends, going to the haunted house, scavenger hunts, carnival rides, water balloon fights at the zoo, and driving around because there's never anything to do.

The only question I ask myself; Can it ever be the same after a long period of time?

Is it true that you will always be seventeen in your hometown? ...I hope so.

It's not as easy to go home by just clicking my heels three times.


1 comment:

  1. girl you know you are meant to be in a big city living your dreams no matter if its LA or NY this is what you were made for

    ReplyDelete