Friday, April 23, 2010

"Fashions Fade, Style is Eternal"-YSL

Clothing is the way someone can quietly say to others either who they are or where they belong. One outfit can make the biggest impression. I see clothing as the french see it, your own stye. It does not immediately place you with a group of people but it lets everyone know your personality without having to speak. The french don't revolve their lives around just one designer or store. They all have a different mix of designers and brands that makes them who they are. Everyone we know shops at one store or stays loyal to one brand because it allows them to fit into a group formed by society. To me style is something that comes naturally. It's your personality. I dare to stand out and be myself everyday. Since I can't draw or paint, my creativity shows in my outfits. Every morning I have a blank canvas that I get to make with it what I want.

Joan Jett
She dressed by her personality and not what society thought was right. She followed her heart and did not let one single person get in her way. Her confidence, determination, and dreams got her to form the first all girls rock band, The Runaways. This is what makes Joan one of my biggest role models and she has really inspired my wardrobe.





No comments:

Post a Comment