Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Friends, Lovers, or Nothing"

If you make a quick recap of your past you begin to realize that every good and bad thing has led you to where you are today. Today I give thanks to God for all my lost friends or boys that I cried over. If I had not let some of them slip away I would not be where I am today. I don't just thank God for my lost friendships but for the great ones that have been with me through the thick and the thin. Although, sometimes I wonder does one step, second, minute, or place change your destiny? As Carrie Bradshaw said "Can you make a mistake and miss your fate?"

I can't help but wonder how will I meet the person I will spend the rest of my life with? On a plane? Tripping outside a coffee shop? What if I don't take a moment to introduce myself to someone who was the one? How many times have we passed up the opportunity for love?

The list of questions could go on. I am grateful for the loves that I will have with me the rest of my life, my best friends. I'm glad I met them either growing up with them, sitting by them in class, or ended up in a group together only to find out we were basically the same person. I love you Valerie, Christine, and Chelsea.

We can only wait and hope for the best. Hope that when the moment comes we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment